In this article, you'll find instructions to upgrade to Version 15.0 (Accelerated Search & Security), as well as prerequisites required prior to performing the upgrade. Learn more about the feature enhancements in Version 15.0.
This version is compatible with supported browsers Chrome, Firefox, and new Edge (Chromium).
Note: versions of Microsoft IE will encounter layout problems.
Prep for Upgrade
Preparation is key to a successful upgrade. Ensure all of the following items have been checked off before beginning your upgrade.
Start by reading the Upgrade Process Overview article to understand the entire process.
Make sure the SQBoxServices and the Databridge is up-to-date.
- On your intranet, navigate to Admin > Setup tab and look for the Document Location
- Access the intranet webserver and go to the path from the document location identified in step 1 - instead of going to the intranet folder, go up a level to the webroot folder
- Locate the TaskManager\Modules folder.
- If the folder contains a DataBridgeTask folder, it means the SQBoxServices is up-to-date. Click here to SKIP to the step "Uninstall all hotfixes BEFORE upgrading”
- If the folder looks like the image below, proceed to the next step
- Next, we'll uninstall the SQBoxServices - Go to Windows Services and locate the SQBoxTaskManager services. Right-click on it and click Properties as shown below:
Locate the SQBoxServices folder:The folder location will depend on your particular installation.
Go to the Services folder. The contents of the Services folder should be similar to the image below:
In the Windows Command Prompt as Administrator, navigate to the Services folder and enter the following command to uninstall the service: SQBoxServices.exe uninstall
Copy the services.zip file over to the host server - Unblock the file and unzip the services.zip content replacing the old files in the services folder
Delete SQBoxDataBridge folder and the SQBoxDataBridge.dll from the TaskManager\Modules\ folder (i.e.: c:\sqbox\webroot\TaskManager\Modules\)
Copy the DatabridgeTask.zip file to the host server - Unblock the DatabridgeTask.zip file and unzip the contents of the zip file into the TaskManager\Modules folder. Make sure they are inside a DataBridgeTask Folder. i.e.: c:\sqbox\webroot\TaskManager\Modules\DataBridgeTask
Next, we'll install the new SQBoxServices service - Open the Windows Command Prompt again, navigate to the folder with the SQBoxServices.exe file and execute the command: SQBoxServices.exe install
Start the new SQBox service - Still in the Windows Command Prompt execute the command: Sqboxservices.exe start
Uninstall all hotfixes BEFORE upgrading
The upgrader will show an error message if one or more hotfixes are installed.
- On the Intranet, navigate to Admin > Setup tab
- Click into each hotfix and click Revert Hotfix to uninstall them
Prior to starting your upgrade, back up your intranet database and application files, as outlined in the Upgrade Process Overview article. Do not proceed with your upgrade if you haven't backed up files.
- Log onto your web server as a local administrator (Domain Administrator logins do not have enough rights) - disable both User Access Control and Anti-Virus software.
- Right-click the zipped Upgrade15ps.zip folder and select Properties. At the bottom of the properties window check if there is an option for Unblock; if there is, apply the Unblock option.
- Unzip the Upgrade15ps.zip folder on the C Drive.
- IMPORTANT: Please make sure the Upgrade file is extracted on the C Drive, otherwise the upgrade will fail.
- In the upgrade150PS folder, open the InstallDetails.txt
- Copy the content of InstallDetails.txt to your clipboard. This script will be used to extract configuration information from your intranet to perform the migration.
- If you've changed your Railo/Lucee administrator password from the default, update it in in text file as shown below
- On your Intranet, go to the Admin area > Setup tab.
- In the Settings section under Extensions, click Execute Custom Code (note: you must be logged in as a Super Admin to see this option).
- Paste into the message box area of the execute custom code box and click Execute. Your browser will download an XML file containing configuration details of your intranet.
- Note: If you have hotfixes installed, you will see this warning message:
- Save this file and place it on your web server in the upgrade150PS\config folder
- Right-click the start.bat file located in the upgrade150PS folder and click Run as administrator.
- At the “Uninstalling Lucee” step, you will be prompted with the following options:
- Click ‘Yes’ to confirm the removal of the old Lucee version
- Next, you'll see "Source Upgrade 15.0 finished successfully!"
- Press any key to close the window - Next, you'll install Elasticsearch 6.6.2
- IMPORTANT You must close the upgrader window BEFORE installing Elasticsearch to update environmental components
- Right-click the installes.bat file located in the upgrade150PS folder and click Run as administrator.
- In your intranet's Admin area, look on the Setup tab to verify you're now on Version 15.0.1
- Click Site Search from the top of the Setup tab screen
- Adjust Search Indexing Configuration settings as desired and save/run to kick-off the indexing process
- Note: The system needs to run full indexing for the first time so you are able to search items in your intranet with the new Elasticsearch version
- Once your site has been indexed, you should see something similar to the screen below:
- On the web server, set the User Account Control setting back to its previous level, and enable the anti-virus software.
- Delete the temporary folder upgrade150PS on the web server.
- Adjust the memory settings for Lucee and ElasticSearch
- Ensure your scheduled tasks are running (Admin > Scheduled Tasks). System Tasks should be enabled, Web Services should be enabled unless this is a development environment, and Active Directory Sync should only be enabled if you are using AD Sync.
- Ensure that when you hover over the Admin icon and click the Stats link that the stats page opens.
- The day after upgrading, ensure that data shows on the stats page.
Issues finding items or errors with ElasticSearch - Reinstall ElasticSearch
Locate the ElasticSearch installation folder by opening Services > right-click on “Elasticsearch 6.6.2” > click “Properties” > copy path listed under “Patch to executable:”
In the Windows Command Prompt, navigate to the Elasticsearch folder (i.e.: C:\sqbox\elasticsearch\bin\) and execute the commands:
Should you encounter any additional issues, contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.