With the recent news around COVID19, many customers are looking for ways to keep their employees aware of the updates and how it relates to them.
Check out our website for our response to COVID19 and for our new SAAS product we're offering free during this crisis.
Looking to create a site to host all news around COVID19? Check out our Creating a Team or Department Site article. Here's an idea of how an alert could push out this information:
In this article, we're covering how to set up an alert that can be managed from outside of the Home Page. This is ideal if the person managing these alerts doesn't necessarily have Admin or Page Owner rights on the Home Page of your intranet.
Setting up Alert Messages
Looking for a quick walkthrough of what this process looks like, check out our video here:
- Navigate to a Team/Department site
- Edit the page
- Hover over the widget where you would like to add this alert > add a new widget
- Select Simple Widgets > Message Box
- Type in the desired alert message, such as:
- Click Save Widgets at the bottom of the screen
- Next, navigate back to the Home page of your Intranet
- Edit the page
- Hover over the widget where you would like this alert to display > Add a new widget
- Select Content Feed Widgets > Site Widget Feed
- Select the site where the Message Box widget was added in step 4 and click Save Widgets at the bottom of the screen
- Navigate back to the team/department site where the message box was added
- Edit the page > hover over the alert widget and click the pencil icon
- Check the box next to 'Push to Home':
- Click Save Widgets
You'll now have the alert show up on the home page.
- You can change the theme of the alert widget by editing the widget and clicking Theme Options to remove the header or change the color of the header (limited to your intranet's theme colors)
- Looking for an animated message? Try searching for 'marquee custom code' for website in google - be sure to test this on a non-critical page within the intranet to make sure that the code doesn't cause issues with our software.