Video Library is a great way to store all videos in one location, for easy access by staff.
The Video Library is a modified version of the Documents App, optimized to work effectively for the display of video files.
The Video Library is included in the menu of your initial intranet setup; if you don't want to use it initially, you can simply edit the navigation and remove the item. Video Library will then continue to remain available under Admin > Assets under the Home Site. Note that if you delete Video Library, it won't be available as a choice to add an App, since it's not a standalone App.
Build Your Video Library
To build your Video Library, start by following the process to add an App to a site.
Once you have the App in place, on the App Card change the title and/or description if you want to customize it for your intranet. You might want to name it something that relates to your company, or have a contest for employees to create a name. Click Create if you'll return to it later, or Build if you want to start customizing or adding content right away.
Default Video Library Layout
The Video Library App comes with a standard layout for its default home page, List View, and Item View, as shown with sample content below. All layouts can be customized.
Home Page and List View
The Video Library comes pre-built with one folder. When there's only one folder, the Home Page and List View are the same, as shown below.
Customize Video Library
As with all Apps, there are many ways to customize. When you're in the App, hover over the Admin icon in the Toolbar, and click App Admin to access the settings.
Other than the name and description, you can:
- Choose which fields to display - click Manage Fields to view the current fields in the Video Library. If you mouse over a field you will get the crosshairs which allow you to hold and drag the field to reposition it, or you can click the edit pencil to show more options or the red circle to delete the field. Learn more about managing fields in the App Overview article.
- Change the layout - edit the layout of the App Home page, List View, or Item View. Learn more about Layout for Apps.
- Use folders to group contents - click Folders | Security to add, rename, or delete folders to categorize Video Library info. Click on the folder name to adjust the security of that folder. Learn more about Security for Apps.
- Add an approval function - click Approval Workflow, then click on a folder name to assign an Approval Manager workflow by folder. Learn more about managing folder workflow in the App Overview article.
- Advertise items - click Advertising Options, then click on a folder name to determine whether items in that folder will be advertised to the site homepage.
These are just a few of the many ways you can customize the Video Library App so it fits with your goals.