The Tagging tab allows Admins to manage content tags by seeing what tags have been used, and grouping or deleting tags.
Content tags are a great way to classify and locate information on your intranet. Brief descriptive tags (e.g. policy, QA) can be associated with content across multiple applications. When performing a global search, you can specify within your Search Tools (Version 13.0 and higher) a specific tag. If you do a blank search with only selecting this tag, you will see all results that have this tag associated to it. Learn more about Search.
There are numerous ways you can manage tags, as described below.
- Frequency & location of use (1) - the orange number beside the tag shows how many times the tag has been used on the intranet. Click on the number to see a list of the items which use the tag.
- Edit tags - if a tag has been misspelled or you'd like to alter it, mouse over the tag, click the edit pencil on the right, and type your corrections. Click the blue Save icon to save your changes.
- Remove tags - is there a tag in use you'd like to eliminate? Mouse over the tag, then click the red circle to remove the tag. If the tag is current associated with content, you'll be asked to confirm the deletion (no confirmation needed if the tag isn't in use).
- Sort tags (2) - tags are sorted alphabetically (i.e. alpha) by default. You can also choose to sort by popular (most to least) or date (most recently to least recently used).
- Add tags (3) - type the name of a new tag and click Add to include it in the Unassigned Tags group.
- Group Tags (4) - for the convenience of Admins, tags can be grouped by type. On the right side of your screen, you can Add Group, rename existing groups, or drag and drop tags into a different group name on the right to help organize them.
Tagging Within Apps or Pages
Within each App or for each Page, Admins can choose whether users can add tags, and whether they can create their own tags.
To do this, when you're within the App or Page, hover over the Admin icon, top right, and select either App Admin or Page Admin as appropriate. Under Settings, click Tagging.
In the Tags Settings box, choose whether you want to enable tags for the specific App, and choose whether individuals can add their own tags. Be sure to click Save to retain your changes.
When users are on the intranet in a location where tags are allowed, when they begin typing the name of the tag, tags matching begin to appear as drop down options. If users have been allowed to add tags, they can type any tag, no match found will display, then they click Add to add the tag to the item and the intranet.
Video: Did You Know...