An RSS feed allows for automatic updates of content from another source, such as your company's website, or external news or interest rates. Learn more about the RSS feed widget.
This article walks through some typical RSS issues experienced and how to troubleshoot them.
Check the following to narrow down where the issue may be occurring:
- Copy the link of the RSS feed used in your RSS widget, and paste it into the browser on your web server.
- Do you see a large amount of text come up? This means that the link works.
- Do you encounter an error accessing the information?
- There may be a possible issue with the RSS source. Check with the source for solutions.
- Do you have the correct and full RSS URL? RSS URLs come in several different types, often ending in .xml or /feed.
- Is the link restricted? The web server will need access to the link in order for the RSS feed to be displayed.
- Was the RSS feed working previously?
- Have there been changes to the link? Go back to the source website and confirm the link.
- Software upgrade?
- Try an alternate feed.
- To test whether the issue is with the feed source or with the RSS widget, try an alternate feed (e.g. google BBC News RSS feed and use one of the RSS feeds provided to test).
If you're still having issues with the display of RSS feed content, there may be an issue with the server pulling in external data. Contact Support for further assistance.
In the majority of cases of RSS issues, the problem is that the source RSS link has been changed. Go to the source website, look for their RSS feed, copy the link and paste into your intranet RSS widget. For most cases, this will resolve your problem.
For links with 'https' in the front, Railo/Lucee may need to have the SSL Certificate added to it. Learn how to add the certificate.
Once the certificate is added, does the RSS feed display?