Version 12.0 focuses on significantly increasing the functionality of E-Form Builder. Significant additions include new options to deploy tests and surveys, to create new smart forms with line item spreadsheets, conditional, calculated and triggered fields and a significantly upgraded workflow processes.
You can download a copy of the upgrade by clicking Admin on your site, scrolling down to Product Updates, and downloading.
Overall Forms Application
- Form creation has been forked into five types (Form, Survey, Test, File, Link).
- Forms application now supports the folder tree for unlimited depth of form storage.
- New forms publish process created.
- Rebuilt workflow engine and interface for improved ease of use
- New stage type 'Notifications' allowing the triggering of alerts at any point in a workflow rather than just after approval.
- All notifications now support full customization to allow form designers to change wording to fit the specific process in question
- Workflows can now be changed without interrupting pending form responses
- Stages now support new manager options including groups and the form's submitting user
- Stages can now be triggered conditionally based on values submitted in the response. Only get additional approval if a request requires it.
- Support added for ad-hoc escalation. Allow approval managers to escalate a response by pulling in new approval managers on a case by case basis.
Improvements in Tests
- Create tests with automatic scoring on multi-select fields (radio, check-box, drop-down).
- Define scores for each field as well as passing score totals for the entire test.
- CreateQuestion Banksections to randomly display a selection of questions to prevent employees exchanging answers.
- Allow users to review their own submissions after completion and see correct and incorrect answers.
- Owners and administrators can review single tests or summarize multiple responses for aggregate answer data.
- Test submissions can never be edited by any user.
Updates in Surveys
- Create multi-question surveys to capture feedback from users.
- Use a graphical summary to view chart data on response patterns (response totals, average weighting).
- Use question banks to randomly display questions to users, cutting down on response bias.
Changes in Forms (general) Functionality
- Completely rebuilt form construction interface for improved ease of access. New floating build window simplifies field insertion.
- New field types:
- User Data: Capture data related to the submitting user (name, dept, supervisor).
- Number: Numeric field with masks (currency, decimal, whole number).
- Content: Field for form designers to insert information related to the form submissions including summaries, long instructions and pictures.
- Email and Link: Fields to support simple insertion of these data types.
- Formula: Perform math or text string manipulation calculations on fields in the form.
- Mileage: Perform intelligent route calculation using built in mapping to determine distances from user defined points. Simplify employee travel claims.
- Existing field changes:
- Multi-select fields now support hidden numeric values to allow interaction with formulas.
- Multi-select fields support insertion of large data sets using comma separated strings (ex:AK, AL, AR, AZ, CA, CO, CT...).
- Spreadsheets: create a section with fields arranged in columns and supporting an unlimited number of user created rows.
- Triggers: show and hide sections or fields in a form based on values selected by the user during submission.