Using the video embedding feature in the editor, you upload a video and see the following:
The same error can be received when attempting to add video in different ways. Fixes for each are given below.
Error Received With Uploaded Video
If you received the error when trying to upload a video, IIS is not configured with the MIME type required to understand how to play this video. Potential extensions that could see this issue are:
- .flv video/x-flv
- .mov video/quicktime
- .f4v video/mp4
- .mp4 video/mp4
- .m4v video/mp4
- .m4a audio/mp4
- .mp4v video/mp4v
- .3gp video/3gpp
- .3g2 video/3gpp2
To add a MIME type:
- Open IIS Manager
- Double click MIME Types
- Click Add on the right
- Enter the extension (I.E. mp4)
- Enter the MIME type (I.E. video/mp4v)
- Click OK
To add MIME types, follow these Microsoft article instructions:
After adding MIME types, click the server name on the left column and click restart on the far-right column, as shown below.
Error Received With Video URL Paste
If an added video isn't playing, it may be due to a video URL being pasted rather than the embed code being used. To resolve this:
- Edit the page and delete the existing video - you may need to click Source and remove the <div> code.
- Go to the webpage of the video you want to embed, find Share on the page and copy the embed code.
- Note that if you aren't able to locate Share, the uploader of the video may have chosen not to allow this function for this specific video.
- Return to your intranet page, click Source, and paste the video embed code.
- Click Publish or Save.
Your video should now be embedded and playable.