There are a couple of different errors this could be. Look at the specific error code in the Detailed Error Information to find out which one it is.
Specific error code 0x8007052e is shown and you can't access the site.
There's an incorrect configuration in the Default App Pool’s configuration file. To resolve this:
- Take a copy of \inetpub\temp\appPools\DefaultAppPool\DefaultAppPool.config as a backup
- Open \inetpub\temp\appPools\DefaultAppPool\DefaultAppPool.config file in Notepad or Notepad++
- Press Ctrl-F and search for ‘virtual’
- Remove the Username and Password found in the file
Specific error code 0x8007000d is shown and you can't access the site.
The site can't be translated because the URL Rewrite Module is missing. Install the URL Rewrite module and restart the site to resolve.
- Server 2008 and 2012: http://www.iis.net/downloads/microsoft/url-rewrite
- Server 2016: https://www.iis.net/downloads/microsoft/url-rewrite#additionalDownloads