Intranet Connections provides users with a default set of fonts used for the Intranet Connections application theme. You can add new fonts as well.
New fonts will only show for users who also have that font installed on their machine.
Adding Fonts to your Intranet Application
- Open the database in Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio (on your web sever or SQL server)
- Locate the Font table in the IntranetConnections database
- Insert a new row with the desired FontFace value
- Log in to the Intranet Connections application using administrative credentials
- Click Admin > Design
- Click Advanced Editor
- Click font & link options
- Locate the drop-down list in the Font Family area
- Select the desired font and click Apply to Site
Any fonts added need to be supported by the user's browser. To avoid this restriction, you can use Google Font API.
Support Google Font API
To add new fonts without having to install new fonts on each user's computer, you can use the Google Font API. It eliminates the need for the font to be installed locally on each computer. See the article Getting Started with Google Font API for details.
Include the Stylesheet link (below) on every page
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="http://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Font+Name">
The easiest way to do this is to insert the line in the Intranet\Menu\custom_footer.cfm file. You will have to include one <link> tag for each font you want to add, replacing the Font=Name above with the font you want to use (e.g. "Raleway").
Ensure the font name entered here matches the font name added to the Font table in the previous section. See Google Fonts for a complete list of fonts supported.