The intranet uses the Web Location setting to determine how to create relative URLs. If you have a custom URL or have moved the intranet to a new site in IIS, complete the following to update the web location.
This article assumes the Intranet and all required components are located on the C drive. If you've moved your Intranet or any components to another drive, the path structure should be the same under the new location (e.g. C:\inetpub\wwwroot\intranet becomes D:\inetpub\wwwroot\intranet).
IIS and Lucee Updates
- Log into IIS Manager
- Expand the left column and click on your site
- Click on Bindings on the far right and update the binding for the site to use the new URL
- Clear your browser cache and cookies
- Navigate to the Lucee web admin using the new binding (e.g. http://intranet/lucee/admin/web.cfm)
- Referencing your old Lucee instance on the old bindings, create the Datasource, Mappings, and Mail server configuration
Update Web Location
- Log into the intranet using the new URL as an administrator (e.g. kellybristow / password)
- Click Admin
- At the bottom of the page is the Web Location. If the new URL is different from the current Web Location, you will see warning text in red, display the new and old URL.
- Click the Update Locations button to update the intranet to use the new URL.
If you're unable to access your intranet, check the URL. Sometimes the /intranet will be placed back into the URL after you enter your credentials to log in. You can manually remove this from the URL and access the site. This should not happen after Update Locations has been completed.
Note if you log in and get redirected to the old path, type in your base URL and add this text to go directly to the admin setup page: admin/sitesettings/site_settings.cfm?tabidx=1 (e.g. http://intranet/admin/sitesettings/site_settings.cfm?tabidx=1).
Update Scheduled Task
- Log into Lucee Web Console (HTTP://YOURSERVERNAME/lucee/admin/web.cfm) or HTTP://YOURSERVERNAME/railo-context/admin/web.cfm if running Version 13.0.x
- Click Scheduled Tasks
- Change the URL to match the new URL for the intranet
You can also complete this through DNS. Your Network Administrator or DNS Administrator will know how.
Update Task Manager for Site Search and Statistics
The steps below are only for Version 14 or above
You can update Task Manager on the web server or through the Interface
Option 1. Update Task Manager on the Web Server
- Stop the SQBoxTaskManager service
- Edit this file: C:\inetpub\wwwroot\TaskManager\Config\schedule.json
- Remove the intranet part of the URL from both basepath values, refer to this image for where these changes will be made:
4. Confirm that the search basepath reflects the similar path:
5. Start the SQBoxTaskManager service
Option 2. Update Task Manager through the Interface
* Click Admin > Setup > Statistics under Global Config > Update both the base paths