The installer will install a CFML application service for the Default Web Site. (IIS still handles all requests, but passes CFML files to the application service for processing.) Other web applications can be hosted on the same server, but should be hosted on different sites.
You can use your own SQL server, if desired, provided it is running SQL 2012 or later. It can be the Express version or the full version. Ensure you have your SA password for the installation.
New Customer? As part of your onboarding, a member of our Support Team will work with your IT staff directly to identify specifications and install all necessary components - no advance actions needed, except as directed in your support ticket. This article is intended mainly for those setting up a test server.
Current server requirements are shown on our Software Requirements article.
The following is required to be installed on the web server prior to installation. Roles and Features in Server Manager:
- .Net Framework 3.5 in Server Manager
Contact Support and request for prerequisite installer and the Intranet Connections installer files.
Our prerequisite installer adds the following roles and features:
- .NET Extensibility 3.5
- .NET Extensibility 4.5
- ASP .NET 4.5
- ISAPI Extensions
- ISAPI Filters
- WebSocket Protocol
- Windows Authentication (found under Security)
- Environmental Variables: IC_JAVA_HOME (points to c:\lucee\jdk)
- Third Party Software: Lucee Application Server, Microsoft URL Rewrite Module 2, Elasticsearch 1.3.2
- IC Library dependencies: Coldbox, Coldfusion-Elasticsearch-Client, TaskManager working directory
Right-click on the installer file and choose Run as administrator to begin the installation.
You'll be prompted to install SQL express or to use your own SQL server. If using your own SQL server, enter the details required and use the SA account.
At the end of the installation, you're presented with a splash screen asking for the Lucee password, serial number for Intranet Connections, and your mail (SMTP) server. If you are not prompted for these details, you can type: http://yourservername/deploy in your web browser and enter your Serial Number and your mail server name.
Log into the Intranet with the default super admin account as follows:
- Username: kellybristow
- Password: password
Log into Lucee and verify mappings, datasource, version, SMTP server.
To log into Lucee, on the server, go to HTTP://YOURSERVERNAME/Lucee/admin/web.cfm (Don't know the password? Learn how to reset it in the Railo/Lucee Configuration article.). These can be changed at any time with the menu on the left.
- Click Overview at the top to see the version of Lucee. It should be 4.5.3.020 or higher (4.5.5.006 for v.4.5.4)
- Click Datasource under Services. You should see a datasource listed called SQLFunctions. Put a checkmark in the box to the left of the entry and click verify. Ensure you see a green ‘OK’ under the Check column
- Click Mappings under Archives & Resources. You should see a listing with '/' or ‘/Intranet’ under the Virtual column that points to C:\inetpub\wwwroot\intranet or C:\sqbox\webroot\Intranet as the Resource and C:\inetpub\wwwroot\Intranet\IntranetConnectons.ras or C:\sqbox\webroot\Intranet\IntranetConnections.ras as the Archive. This needs to point to the correct Intranet location and IntranetConnections.ras file location. If this is red, the path is incorrect.
- Click Mail under Services and verify your SMTP server is listed. Place a checkmark in the box to the left of the line and click verify to verify the web server can connect to the SMTP server
- This does not verify the ability to relay email; it only verifies the connection to the SMTP server
- Open the Intranet and click on Admin.
- At the bottom left of the screen is your Intranet Connections version number. If this isn't the latest version, install the latest patch.
AD Synchronization Configuration
- In the Intranet, click on Admin > Security and select AD Synchronization
- Click Add Connection and enter your domain name, domain controller host name (do not enter the fully qualified host name (FQHN)), enter the admin username in the domain\user format shown, enter the password. Select if the LDAP connection is secure and your desired sync interval
- Click test connection. If the connection is successful, click save & continue
- Add targets by selecting the Object Type and the OU required. Use the group filter to filter down the number of objects in the Object Preview provided you are not working with Groups as the Object Type; you cannot filter groups with the group filter.
- Click Add Target
- Ensure the correct number of object appears in the Sync Target List
- Check your Advanced Settings and click Save & Continue
- Map the Employee fields to the Active Directory Fields as required
- Click Save & Finish
- Click Sync Now
Elevate permissions of at least two individuals to Super Admin
- Click Admin > Security and select Find Logins
- Locate the first individual by searching or using the drop-down menu
- Click Assign beside Elevated Rights
- Click Super Admin
- Place a checkmark in the box that appears and click Save
- Find additional users to elevate and repeat the above process for each of them
Authentication Mode should be set to mixed mode until everybody has verified they can log into the site using their Windows credentials from their workstation. Do this as follows:
- Click Admin > Security and select Authentication Mode
- Select Mixed Mode to allow both form-based logins as well as Windows-based logins. Once Windows Authentication has been verified to function as expected, this can be revisited and Windows Authentication can be selected moving forward.
Email Options needs to have an email address entered as the system email address
- This email address is the one that will be used when the Intranet email outbound. Typically, ‘firstname.lastname@example.org’ or something similar is used here. It only needs to be a valid email address if required by your SMTP server.
Admin for site needs to be set
- At the bottom of the Admin screen, click edit beside Administrator and select one of the users in the drop-down list. If the individual is not listed, ensure the permissions for the user are admin or super admin and there is an email address associated with the user.
Feedback link needs to be tested to test the settings as well as the ability to relay through the SMTP server (note: feedback link was deprecated with Version 14.5).
- Click Feedback and send an email to the Administrator of the intranet
- Verify that it is received
- If the Feedback link is not showing, click Admin > Intranet Toolbar and ensure there is a checkmark in the box under the ‘display’ column
Workstation Login to verify AD Sync and Windows Authentication is working as expected, as follows:
- Go to your workstation and open the intranet page
- Place a checkmark in the box for Windows Authentication
- Ensure your correct username appears and a password is filled in
- Log into the intranet
- Click Admin > Assets and click the Garbage icon on any of the sites you do not want.
- Click the pencil icon at the end of the Top Navigation bar and delete any links you don't want.
- Click the pencil icon and then the garbage can on any widget you don't want on the home site.
- To remove any data from applications, go to the application in question and click Toolbox and select Manage Folders or Manage Categories. Delete any you don't want.
- To remove demo user accounts, click Admin > Security and select Find Logins. Ensure Find Form-based Logins is selected and click Search
- Click Select All and then click Disable in the upper right corner.
- Note that it’s worthwhile to keep the Kelly Bristow account active until all the users have tested their ability to login using Windows Authentication