As fixes and enhancements come out for current versions of the software, patches are provided to apply these changes to your Intranet Connections software version. We generally provide patch/bug fix support for the two most recent versions of our software, listed on our website Supported Versions page.
If you've missed previous patches for your intranet version, simply apply the latest patch, as it includes all previous patches for that version. Note that some patches require specific instructions and can't be applied normally; in this case, special instructions will be provided in the Admin area under the Product Updates section.
Prior to patching, create a backup of both the SQL Database and your Intranet files folder. In the event of an issue during patching, restoring from a backup is the only way to get your intranet back to pre-patch condition.
Get Software Patches
The following methods are available to download patches for your intranet version. For cases where the intranet does not have a connection to the internet, you'll need to download the patch manually as mentioned in Method Two.
Method One: Download Patch Through Admin Interface
This is the most common method for downloading patches.
- Navigate to your Admin site
- Click the Setup tab
- Click download where a new patch is available under the Product Updates section
- Wait for the download to complete, click Install
- The page should refresh showing the new version number (e.g. Version 14.5.9)
Method Two: Download Patch Manually
This method is used when your intranet doesn't have an internet connection.
Note: computers running Windows 10 or Windows Server 2016 apply a 'block' attribute to zip files when downloaded. Right-click > select Properties > look for Security > check the box beside Unblock and click Apply.
- Navigate to the Patch Release Notes page and click your current version's patch page to get the link to download the latest patch manually.
- Don't extract the contents of the zip file as the software will do this automatically.
- On your intranet, go to the Admin area and click the Setup tab (previous versions may have a 'Site Settings' or 'Settings' tab)
- Click the link click here next to Manual Upload (In previous versions, the wording may be different but the option is still the same)
- In the file explorer, locate and select the downloaded patch zip
- Click Install
- Type in the Lucee Admin and Lucee Server password (contact Support for the default password, or Reset your Lucee Password)
- Allow the patch process to complete
Patch Install Complete
Once the patch has finished installing, the browser will refresh and reveal your new patch number. If the page appears to stay on the install screen for longer than 10 minutes, try refreshing the page, as the updater may have timed out.