This article will walk through the steps required to modifying the Intranet's URL, as well as if you choose to remove /intranet from the path (e.g. HTTP://yourintranet.com instead of HTTP://yourintranet.com/intranet).
You can remove /intranet from the URL to access the intranet. All of these steps are to be completed on the web server Intranet Connections is installed on.
This article assumes the Intranet and all required components are located on the C drive. If you've moved your Intranet or any components to another drive, the path structure should be the same under the new location (e.g. C:\inetpub\wwwroot\intranet becomes D:\inetpub\wwwroot\intranet).
Steps to Remove /intranet
Several steps are required to update your URL, as follows.
Update Webroot in IIS
- Open IIS Manager
- Expand the left column and click on your site
- Click Basic Settings on the far right
- Click the '…' beside Physical Path and point to C:\inetpub\wwwroot\intranet
- Click OK
- Open Lucee Web Console using the same web location path defined in your Intranet Admin screen (e.g. HTTP://intranet.YOURDOMAIN/lucee/admin/web.cfm)
- Use HTTP://intranet.YOURDOMAIN/railo-context/admin/web.cfm if on Version 13.0.x
- Click Mappings under Archives & Resources
- Create a new mapping with the following:
- Virtual is ‘/’
- Resource is ‘C:\inetpub\wwwroot\Intranet’
- Archive is ‘C:\inetpub\wwwroot\Intranet\IntranetConnections.ras’
- Check the box next to the ‘/intranet’ mapping and click delete
- Stop the Lucee and World Wide Web Publishing services (in order)
- Stop Railo Server service instead of Lucee if on Version 13.0.x
- Open File Explorer and navigate to C:\inetpub\wwwroot
- Copy WEB-INF
- Paste to C:\inetpub\wwwroot\intranet
- Rename C:\inetpub\wwwroot\WEB-INF to …\wwwroot\WEB-INF_old
- Restart the World Wide Web Publishing and Lucee (Railo Server) services (in order)
- Clear your browser cache and cookies
- Log into your intranet with the new URL (e.g. HTTP://yourintranet.com instead of HTTP://yourintranet.com/intranet)
- Click Update Locations at the bottom of the Admin screen
If you're unable to access your intranet, check the URL. Sometimes the /intranet will be placed back into the URL after you enter your credentials to log in. You can manually remove this from the URL and access the site. This should not happen after Update Locations has been completed.
Update Task Manager
*This is only if running Version 14 or above
- Stop the SQBoxTaskManager service
- Edit this file: C:\inetpub\wwwroot\TaskManager\Config\schedule.json
- Remove the intranet part of the URL from both basepath values
4. Start the SQBoxTaskManager service
Welcome to Railo World
*This is only if running Version 13.0.x
If you're seeing the ‘Welcome to Railo World’ screen or a blank screen after finishing this configuration change, complete the following:
- Edit this file: C:\railo\tomcat\conf\server.xml
- Remove this entire section (near the bottom) and save
<Host name="localhost" appBase="webapps"> <Context path="" docBase="C:\inetpub\wwwroot\" /> </Host>
- Restart IIS and Railo (or reboot the server)
- Once the intranet is up, restart the search indexing process (Admin > Setup tab > Site Search and click Re-index my site data)
- Navigate to C:\railo\tomcat\conf\Catalina and delete all folders in this directory.
- Restart the Railo Server service